- Prospective Student Resources
- Current Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Contact Us
Search Graduate Pages :
Summer Dissertation Fellowships
Summer 2017 Graduate College’s Robberson Summer
Dissertation Fellowships/Research and Creative Activity Grants
limited submission – one per academic unit – no self-nominations
Robberson Summer Dissertation Fellowships/Research Grants are available to support outstanding, full-time post-candidacy OSU doctoral students from any disciplinary or interdisciplinary program. Preference will be given to graduate student nominations from programs with up-to-date graduate program handbooks. As a service to graduate programs, a handbook template (not all sections will be relevant to all programs) is available on the D2L Brightspace Graduate Faculty website: https://online.okstate.edu/d2l/home.
- must have been enrolled full time in both fall 2016 and spring 2017 semesters;
- must be continuing as a degree-seeking student in the fall 2017 semester;
- must be an official PhD candidate (candidacy form approved by the Graduate College by May 5, 2017); and
- must be nominated by the academic unit – no self-nominations.
- $6,000 to be paid in June;
- tuition waiver for up to three credit hours; and
- the student and project will be highlighted on the OSU Graduate College website.
- cannot be combined with any other type of OSU employment or assistantship during the June 1-July 31, 2017 fellowship/grant period;
- enrollment in at least two credit hours in a summer session;
- provide an activity-related photo of herself/himself of suitable resolution for publication (photo release will be required);
- satisfactorily complete a brief activity report for public release (form provided); and
- deliver requested information in electronic format on or before August 11, 2017.
- cover page (name, CWID, program of study, faculty advisor’s name, and student essay on what this opportunity would mean to her/his graduate career – 300-word limit on essay);
- brief outline of research (purpose and methodology) to be carried out during the summer 2017 award period (2 pages, double spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point font);
- most recent OSU transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable);
- list of University activities/service;
- letter of recommendation from primary research advisor;
- signature of endorsement by the department/unit head or graduate program coordinator; and
- certification statement by the graduate program coordinator or unit head that the current graduate program handbook is up-to-date. Please provide a link to the current handbook with the certification. The Graduate College reviews handbooks for alignment with current policies and best practices as a service to graduate programs. If you would like your handbook reviewed, please provide an electronic copy to email@example.com. Contact Dr. Jean Van Delinder with handbook questions.
- Previous awardees are ineligible.
- The name of the award will be designated upon receipt, and it should be appropriately acknowledged in publications, presentations, etc., as indicated in the award message.
- Fellowships will be announced at the Graduate College Awards Ceremony at 3:00 pm on Friday, April 14, 2017, during Graduate Education Week; nominees should plan to attend.