Our most up to date FAQ are now located here: https://gradcollege.okstate.edu/announcements/graduate-college-frequently-asked-questions-around-covid-19.html Updates there override any information that is provided below for reference.
March 20 Updates:
Graduate College Office Closure
The Graduate College offices in Whitehurst are currently closed to visitors, but we are working remotely to serve you. To expedite the process of getting your questions answered, please direct your questions to the appropriate email service accounts:
- Include your name, student CWID, phone number where you can be reached, times that you can be reached, and a brief description of the question.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: general inquiries and admissions questions
- email@example.com: inquiries specifically related to matriculation (e.g., plan of study, thesis and dissertation deadlines, graduation)
- firstname.lastname@example.org: student professional development activities
- email@example.com: specific questions for the deans (e.g., Graduate Council, graduate faculty, scheduled meetings)
Adjusted deadlines for Spring graduation are listed below.
- Graduation Clearance Form deadline - March 27
- Revised POS (if needed) deadline - March 27
- Graduation Application Deadline in the Registrar's Office - April 10
- Priority deadline to submit Thesis/Dissertation oral defense form to the Graduate College - April 10
- Last day to submit Thesis/Dissertation oral defense form to meet semester graduation deadlines. - April 17
- ProQuest submission / Signature Approval Page submission priority deadline - April 24
- ProQuest submission / Signature Approval Page submission deadline - May 1
Virtual Defense Logistics
The Graduate College can assist in setting up Zoom meetings for defenses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. The Graduate Student Success Center will continue to be open by appointment if you need a place with web conferencing capabilities to facilitate such meetings. Booking requests can be made here.
March 16 Updates:
Thesis and Dissertation Defenses
The "Attendance" section of the Best Practices: Advisory Committees and Defenses has been updated to provide additional guidance related to the use of technology when a committee member or student cannot be present during this time of heightened concern related to the Coronavirus. For more detail, students click here and faculty click here.
An electronic oral defense form has been created and can be used in place of the traditional hard copy. Work with your committee chair to make sure this form is routed to your committee and the Graduate College. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Graduate College at email@example.com
Notice about GTA & GRA Positions
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantships will continue with no change in pay. This will allow the continuation of the offered amount of pay through the end of the semester regardless of work status. If needed, GTA/GRA may make up the number of hours required through other similar work during the academic year. Telecommuting options may be used when possible and GRA/GTA are encouraged to check with their supervisor if they have questions about their job responsibilities.
Graduate Student Writing Center (updated March 20)
The Graduate Student Writing Center will be conducting all consultations online. Information to schedule an online appointment is on this page in the gray box at the bottom.
Three Minute Challenge Postponed
At this time the 3MC has been postponed.
As a reminder, all classes have moved online for the duration of the semester. For the latest announcements from OSU, click here ›