- Prospective Student Resources
- Current Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Contact Us
Search Graduate Pages :
Summer Research Fellowship - 2017
Summer 2017 Graduate College Robberson Summer
Research and Creative Activity Fellowships/Grants
limited submission – one per academic unit – no self-nominations
The Summer Research and Creative Activity Fellowships/Grants are available to support outstanding, full-time, mid-program OSU doctoral students from any disciplinary or interdisciplinary program. Preference will be given to graduate student nominations from programs with up-to-date graduate program handbooks. As a service to graduate programs, a handbook template (not all sections will be relevant to all programs) is available on the D2L Brightspace Graduate Faculty website: https://online.okstate.edu/d2l/home.
- must have been enrolled full time in both fall 2016 and spring 2017 semesters;
- must be continuing as a degree-seeking student for at least one academic year beyond the summer – students eligible for the Summer Dissertation Fellowships are not eligible; and
- must be nominated by the academic unit – no self-nominations.
- $4,000 to be paid in June;
- tuition waiver for up to two credit hours; and
- the student and project will be highlighted on the OSU Graduate College website.
- cannot be combined with any other type of OSU employment or assistantship during the June 1-July 31, 2017 fellowship/grant period;
- enrollment in at least two credit hours in a summer session;
- provide an activity-related photo of herself/himself of suitable resolution for publication (photo release will be required);
- satisfactorily complete a brief research/creative activity report for public release (form provided); and
- deliver requested information in electronic format on or before August 11, 2017.
- cover page (name, CWID, program of study and faculty advisor’s name);
- brief outline of research or creative activity (purpose, methodology, etc.), written for a non-specialist, to be carried out during the award period (1 page, double spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point font);
- most recent OSU transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable);
- signatures of support (may be electronic) by the primary research advisor and unit head/graduate program coordinator, indicating satisfactory degree progress to date; and
- certification statement by the graduate program coordinator or unit head that the current graduate program handbook is up-to-date. Please provide a link to the current handbook with the certification. The Graduate College reviews handbooks for alignment with current policies and best practices as a service to graduate programs. If you would like your handbook reviewed, please provide an electronic copy to email@example.com. Contact Dr. Jean Van Delinder with handbook questions.
- Previous awardees are ineligible.
- The name of the Fellowship will be designated upon award, and it should be appropriately acknowledged in publications, presentations, etc., as indicated in the award message.
- Notification to the nominating unit is anticipated to occur by Friday, May 12, 2017.