- Prospective Student Resources
- Current Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Giving to the Graduate College
- Contact Us
How To Apply
Please create an application account by clicking here. If you already have a CollegeNET account, you may use it to apply for all Oklahoma State University graduate programs. The same application is used for degree and non-degree seeking purposes. (For example: graduate certificates, master’s, specialist and doctoral programs, non-degree or additional coursework, and for continuing education credit).
Holders of baccalaureate or first professional degrees from colleges and universities of recognized standing are eligible to seek admission to the Graduate College.
Be sure to have the following information ready:
- Your name exactly as it appears on official documents, e.g., transcripts, GRE reports, passports
- Your email, correspondence (postal or mailing) and current (physical) address.
- The graduate program you wish to apply (see listing of graduate programs)
- The semester you intend to begin your graduate studies
- Your academic history: name(s) and attendance dates (month/year) of all universities and colleges attended and the degrees you have been or will be awarded
- For applicants whose native language is not English, you may be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores (see if you are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score)
- Some graduate programs require standardized test scores (verify what tests and scores the program requires)
- For international applicants expecting to be F1 or J1 visa holders, a Financial Guarantee (Confirmation of Financial Resources) is required prior to our being able to send an I-20 or DS-2019 to applicants offered admission.)
- Credit card or electronic check information for application payment
Please prepare a scanned document (only file types acceptable are: .jpg, .tif, .png, .pdf, .gif, .doc, .docx or .txt) of each item (transcripts, statements of purpose, etc.) that will be uploaded to support your application. You will be instructed when each document needs uploaded.
All applicants, including Oklahoma State University students, must upload a copy of their transcript for bachelor’s degree(s) conferred or pending and for any graduate coursework or degrees. If you do not have a copy of your transcript(s), please obtain and upload these prior to finalizing your application.
Uploading your transcript with baccalaureate degree conferred or pending is most important to expedite review of your application. Submitting your application without transcripts will delay review of your application. However, please do not email or send copies of your transcripts to the Graduate College that you will upload with your application.
In addition, some programs require uploads of transcripts for all college-level courses and degrees (check here to see if the program that you are apply for requires additional transcripts).
Additional Supporting Documents That May Be Required
The graduate program you are applying to may require additional documents for the admission review (check here to see if additional materials are required).
Additional documents may include:
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
The graduate program you are applying to may require two to four letters of recommendation (see letter of recommendation requirements for your program). Please contact references prior to beginning your application and obtain their current and preferred email address. Correct entry of email addresses for your references is required for completing and submitting your application.
You do not need to complete the entire application at one time. You may begin the application, save it, and return to it later; however, the earlier you complete and submit your application, the sooner it can be reviewed.
To facilitate timely review of your application and ensure your application receives full consideration, please complete and submit your application at least 30 days prior to the program’s deadline to allow sufficient time for receipt of your letters of recommendation and all other required documents. Applicants who submit their application without all required materials, such as transcripts, resumes, writing samples, should be aware their application cannot be reviewed until it is complete (application deadlines for your program can be found here). If your program does not have a deadline or preferred date listed, it is suggested you complete your application by March 1st for fall semester admission, July 1st for spring semester admission or January 1st for summer session admission.
The most complete and up-to-date status of your submitted application can be viewed by logging into your account (click here) and viewing the checklist. Please use this portal to check your application status (phone calls and emails will delay processing).
You will pay your non-refundable application fee online. Your data and payment will be submitted over a secure connection.
The application fees for each application submitted are:
$50 U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Card holder (degree seeking application)
$25 U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Card holder (non-degree seeking application)
$75 International Applicants (degree or non-degree seeking application)
Once submitted, the application fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Our online forms use SSL encryption to protect your data while it is being transmitted to our server.