Vist the Graduate College Application Process page for details on completing the online application or to apply.
Admission to a graduate program at Oklahoma State University requires the submission of an application and providing information required by the department or program. Applicants with baccalaureate degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with recognized accreditation are eligible to seek admission to OSU Graduate College and OSU Graduate degree programs. To be reviewed for admission consideration to the OSU Graduate College, applicants must submit a complete application.
Graduate College application requirements
- An application for admission consideration. You can submit an application here
- A non-refundable application fee:
- $50 for US citizens or permanent resident card holders (degree seeking applications)
- $25 for US citizens or permanent resident card holders (non-degree seeking applications)
- One original transcript from each college or university attended (unofficial transcripts for all colleges attended should be uploaded into the online application form for immediate application review however, all official transcripts with the college's or registrar's original seal should follow the online application as soon as possible)
- $75 non-refundable application fee for international applicants (degree or non-degree seeking applications)
- A TOEFL or IELTS score (scores should be input into the online application for immediate review followed by receipt of the official score from the testing institution) (OSU institution code: 6546)
- A financial affidavit (Financial Guarantee or Confirmation of Financial Resources) is required for applicants expecting to be F1 or J1 visa holders prior to our being able to send an I-20. See the "International Students" section for more information.
Because of the amount of time it takes to review international credentials and send immigration papers (e.g., an I-20), international students should expect that the application process will take several weeks to be completed.
To be reviewed for admission consideration to the Master of Public Health Program, applicants must submit additional items with the graduate college application.
Master of Public Health program application requirements:
- Resume or Curricula Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose limited to 1500 words.
- Why are you interested in attending the Master of Public Health program at Oklahoma State University?
- Describe the experiences that have shaped your interest in public health. Elaborate on your current preferences in the field of public health.
- What are your professional goals in the next five years and beyond?
- Discuss how your strengths are likely to increase your personal growth and elaborate on areas needing improvement.
- Include additional information or explanation that will assist in considering your application that may not be reflected in your transcripts, GPA, GRE/other testing scores, resume, etc.
- Three letters of recommendation are strongly recommended, but not required. Individuals will be emailed with a link to complete the recommendation online. If planning to submit letters of recommendation, submit the online application a few weeks prior to the deadline to allow time for recommendations to be submitted.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SUBMISSION NEED TO BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE GRADUATE COLLEGE, NOT THE MPH PROGRAM.
OSU Graduate College
Stillwater, OK 74078-1019
Transcripts and other documents submitted become the property of Oklahoma State University and will not be returned.
Only after receiving this information is your application complete. The Graduate College will forward your application to the MPH department for an admission review. For information on the criterion for MPH applicant consideration, see Admission Consideration Criteria.
The most complete and up-to-date status of your submitted application can be viewed by logging into the Graduate Application Portal and viewing the checklist. Please use this portal to check your application status. Phone calls and emails to the Graduate College to check the status of your application will delay processing of applications.
Oklahoma State University has established a Graduate Student Appeals Policy, which is appropriate to all OSU graduate students in graduate degree or certificate programs. It is not related to admission decisions to ensure an equitable informal resolution is in the best interests of all parties and that formal Graduate Council Appeals should be reserved for rare situations.
You do not need to complete the entire application at one time. You may begin the application, save it, and return to it later; however, you must submit your application for its review.
To facilitate timely review of your application and ensure your application receives full consideration, please complete and submit your application at least 30 days prior to the program’s priority deadline to allow sufficient time for your letter of recommendation writers to submit their letters on your behalf. It can take 1-2 weeks to process. Applicants who submit their application without all required materials should be aware their application cannot be reviewed until it is complete. Prospective MPH students will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Admissions decisions after the priority deadline will be based on available space in required coursework. For priority consideration, apply and provide Master of Public Health program requirements by March 1st for fall admission and August 1st for spring admission.
All applicants, including Oklahoma State University students, must upload a copy of their transcript for bachelor’s degree(s) conferred or pending and for any graduate or professional coursework or degrees. All transcripts for any college-level courses and degrees should be uploaded. If you do not have a copy of your transcript(s), please obtain and upload these prior to finalizing your application.
Uploading your transcript with baccalaureate degree conferred or pending is important to expedite review of your application. Submitting your application without transcripts will delay review of your application. However, please do not email or send copies of your transcripts to the MPH program.